Sigma Leasing Corporation Limited’s notice of fifteenth annual general meeting
Karachi: Enclosed please find copy of the Notice of fifteenth Annual General Meeting to be held on Saturday October 8, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. for circulation amongst your members.
Notice is hereby given that the fifteenth Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Sigma Leasing Corporation Limited will be held on October 8, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. at its registered office situated at Sigma House, B-C, Block 6, PECHS, Off: Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi, to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of Annual General Meeting held on October 26, 2010.
2. To receive, consider, and adopt the Audited Accounts together with the Directors and Auditors’ Report for the year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To approve as recommended by the Directors, the payment of the Cash Dividend @ 5% i.e. Rs. 0.50 per share for the year ended June 30, 2011.
4. To appoint Auditors and fix their remuneration. The present auditors M/s KPMG Taseer Hadi and Co. Chartered Accountants retire and being eligible, offer themselves for reappointment as auditors of the Company for the year ending June 30, 2012.
5. Any other business with the permission of the chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from October 1, 2011 to October 8, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend, speak and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint another member as proxy to attend, speak, and vote for him / her.
3. An instrument of proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it signed or a notarially certified copy of such power of authority, in order to be valid, must be deposited at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
4. CDC account holders will in addition have to follow the under mentioned guidelines at laid down in Circular No. 1 dated January 26, 2000 of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan for attending the meeting;
a. In case of individuals, the account holders or sub account holders shall authenticate his / her Identity by showing his / her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting. The shareholders registered on CDS are also requested to bring their Participants’ ID numbers and account numbers in CDS.
b. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of nominee shall be produced (unless it has boon provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify any change in their address immediately to our registrar, Noble Computer Services (Private) Limited. First Floor, House of Habib Building (Siddiqsons Tower) 3 Jinnah Co. operative Housing Society, Main Shahrah–Faisal, Karachi. Tel: (92-21) 343254482-7 Fax: (92-21) 34325442.
For more information, contact:
Sigma Leasing Corporation Limited
Sigma House 8-C, Block-B,
P.E.C.H.S. Off. Shahrah-e-Faisal,
Tel #: 34557233-4,