Siddiqsons Tin Plate Limited’s notice of annual general meeting
Karachi: Reference to the captioned subject, we are enclosing herewith a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Company to be held on Thursday, October 20, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
NOTICE is hereby given that the 16th Annual General Meeting of M/s. Siddiqsons Tin Plate Limited will be held on Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 11:30 a.m. at Imperial Lawn, Plot # 32-C, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S, Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi, to transact the following ordinary business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the 15th Annual General Meeting held on October 27, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Annual Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011, together with the Auditor’ Directors’ Report thereon.
3. To appoint Auditors of the Company for the year ending June 30, 2012 and fix their remuneration. The present auditors M/s. M. Yousuf Adil Saleem and Co, Chartered Accountants are retiring and have offered themselves for reappointment.
4. To consider and approve the payment of cash dividend for the year ended June 30, 2011 at Rs. 0.75 per ordinary share i.e. 7.5%, The dividend will be paid to all shareholders EXCEPT SPONSOR DIRECTORS/ASSOCIATED COMPANY, i.e. they forego their dividend in favour of the Company, as recommended by the Board of Directors of the Company.
5. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from October 13, 2011 to October 20, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfer received at the Share Registrar of the Company, M/s. THK Associates (Pvt.) Ltd, Ground Floor, State Life Building # 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi at the close of business on October 12, 2010 will be treated in time for the purpose of above enticement to the transferees.
2. A member entitled to attend, and vote a Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf. A corporation being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person whether a member of the company or otherwise.
3. An instrument of proxy and a Power of Attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or notarized copy of such Power of Attorney must be valid and deposited at the Share Register of the Company, not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
4. Those shareholders, whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company of Pakistan Ltd.(CDC) are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with participant’s ID number and their account/sub-account numbers in CDC to facilitate identification at the time of Annual General Meeting. In case of Proxy, attested copies of proxy’s CNIC or passport, Account and Participation’s I.D. numbers must be deposited alongwith the Form of Proxy with Share Registrar of the Company as per paragraph No. 3 above. In case of Proxy for corporate members, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting (unless it has been provided earlier to the Share Registrar).
5. Shareholders are requested to notify the Company of the change in their address, if any, to Share Registrar of the Company.
For more information, contact:
Siddiqsons Tin Plate Limited
D-53, Textile Avenue, S.I.T.E.
Tel: (92-21) 32577480-9,
Fax: (92-21) 32572839