Shutdown in IOK against Ramban Ramazan bloodbath

Srinagar, July 19, 2013 (PPI-OT): In occupied Kashmir, complete shutdown, marked with forceful anti-India demonstrations, was observed, today, to protest against the attack on worshipers in the holy month of Ramazan, desecration of Quran and brutal killing of eight peaceful protesters in Gool area of Ramban, yesterday.

The authorities had imposed curfew and other stringent restrictions in all major towns of the occupied territory deploying Indian troops and police personnel in strength to prevent people from staging demonstrations against the desecration of Quran, killings and offering funeral prayers in absentia of the martyred.

Despite restrictions, thousands of people participated in the funeral prayers of the martyred protesters in Gool and staged massive anti-India demonstrations. They raised high-pitched anti-India and pro-liberation slogans on the occasion. Similar protests rocked Srinagar, Ganderbal, Baramulla, Kupwara, Doda, Bhaderwah, Kishtwar, Surenkote, Poonch, Rajouri, Mendhar, Thanamandi, Thathri, Sangaldan, Banihal and other areas of Jammu region.

Clashes between the protesters and Indian police took place at many places resulting in the injuring of dozens of people. The Indian police arrested the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front District President, Bashir Ahmed Boya, from Ganderbal during a demonstration.

The puppet authorities had placed Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Syed Ali Gilani, Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi, Nayeem Ahmed Khan, Mukhtar Ahmed Waza, Zafar Akbar Butt, Masroor Abbas and other Hurriyet leaders under house arrest while Muhammad Yasin Malik and Shabbir Ahmed Shah were lodged in different police stations of Srinagar.

The authorities also continued to suspend mobile and internet services for the second consecutive day, today, to stop people from getting information about the latest situation in the occupied territory. Due to curfew, Juma prayers could not be held in Jamia Masjid Srinagar and other major mosques of the occupied territory.

Meanwhile, Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism martyred a youth at Gurez in Bandipore.

In Islamabad, speakers at a seminar organized by the APHC-AJK chapter and chaired by the Convener, Syed Yousuf Naseem, described 19th July as a historic day when in 1947 the people of Jammu and Kashmir decided that the territory be acceded to Pakistan.

They said that the Indian state terrorism had failed to suppress the Kashmiris’ passion and love for Pakistan. The Jammu and Kashmir Muslim Conference in a session at its central office in Rawalpindi said that despite difficulties, Kashmiris were continuing their struggle for accession of Jammu and Kashmir with Pakistan.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736

Leave a Reply