Market and Index Review-RSL Securities Limited

Karachi, September 17, 2013 (PPI-OT): MARKET TODAY

On Monday the first day of the week market opened in a mixed direction. After the initial pressure market showed a bullish trend.

According to RSL Securities Limited the highest level of the market was at 23,323.72 points. By the mid of the session market showed some pressure and took support near the level of 23,130 points. Near the end of the session market showed some recovery and closed at the level of 23,242.68 points about a gain of 74.64 points. Volumes were 242 million shares.

Today market looks to have a positive and upward side trend. However the support is near the level of 23,150 points. The 23,400 is the resistance level.

MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:

KSE-100 Index Volume     196,398,300 
KSE-100 Index              23,242.68 
Net Change                     74.64 
Gainers                          142
Lossers                          157
Equal                             57
Total                            356

TOP FIVE VOLUME LEADERS
SCRIPS           PRICE     ∆ IN PRICE         VOLUME
BOP              13.09       0.40            42,203,500 
MLCF             26.28       0.51            20,954,000 
FCCL             14.06       0.50            19,400,500 
BAFL             22.44       0.90            14,310,500 
DGKC             77.40      (0.15)           12,854,000 

TOP FIVE FUTURE SCRIPS VOLUMEWISE
SCRIPS           PRICE        ∆ IN PRICE        NO. OF CONT.
BOP-SEP          13.13          0.39            15,746 
FCCL-SEP         12.91         (0.13)            7,608 
DGKC-SEP         77.50         (0.59)            7,334 
NBP-SEP          52.77          2.51             3,962 
ENGEO-SEP       146.15         (2.95)            3,668 

FIPI                 Gross Buy           Gross Sell      Net Buy/(Sell)
16-Sep              387,526,612        (440,440,167)       (52,913,554) 
Sep 1 to Date     5,706,774,516      (5,662,896,141)         43,878,372 
Aug-13           13,586,102,649     (10,836,967,085)      2,749,135,559 
Jan 1 to Date   147,726,289,071    (116,097,244,321)     31,629,044,711 

Daily News Summary

In the interbank market the rupee depreciated against the dollar by 4.5 percent in the financial year 2012-13, while it fell 1.0 percent till September 10 in the financial year 2013-14, reflecting a total depreciation of 5.5 percent to reach Rs 104.8 per dollar. The rupee depreciated in the interbank market against the euro, pound and Japanese yen by 6.9 percent, 4.7 percent and 5.5 percent, respectively in July 1 to September 10, 2013 in FY14.

The country’s Large Scale Manufacturing (LSM) has registered positive growth of 3.71 percent during the first month of the current fiscal year 2013-14 as compared to the corresponding month of last year. The Quantum Index Numbers (QIN) of LSM stood at 110.44 points during July 2013 against 106.49 points during July 2012, according to the latest data of Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).

The spokesman of the Oil Companies Advisory Committee (OCAC) on Monday said that the impression that refineries have already started charging additional duty and are fleecing that amount is absolutely incorrect. The Economic Coordination Committee’s (ECC) decision on future enhancement of deemed duty by 1.5 percent only on high speed diesel is conditional with completion of Diesel Hydrodesulphurisation (DHDS) Project and not effective immediately.

Pakistan on Monday signed a resolution to import 1,300 megawatts (MW) electricity from Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan to overcome power shortage in summer season. The resolution was signed by the four countries including Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyz Republic in the two-day meeting of the inter-governmental council of central Asia South Asia (CASA) transmission and trade project started here.

The post Market and Index Review-RSL Securities Limited appeared first on AsiaNet-Pakistan.