Kot Addu Power Company Limited’s notice of 15th annual general meeting
Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of the 15th Annual General Meeting of the Company to be held on October 24, 2011 for Circulation amongst your members.
Notice is hereby given that the 15th Annual General Meeting of Kot Addu Power Company Limited will be held at the Islamabad Serena Hotel, Khayaban-e-Suhrawardy, Islamabad on Monday October 24, 2011 at 9:30 a.m. to transact the following business.
a) To confirm the minutes of the 14th Annual General Meeting of the Company held on October 25, 2010.
b) To receive, consider and adopt the Annual Audited Accounts of the Company for the year June 30, 2011 together with Directors and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
C) To approve the final Cash dividend of Rs. 3.50 per share that is 35% for the year ended June 30, 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors. This is in addition to the interim dividend of Rs. 3.00 per share that is 30% already paid making a total cash dividend of Rs. 6.50 per share that is 65% during the year.
d) To appoint Auditors and Fix their remuneration for the next financial year.
e) Any Other business with the permission of the Chairman.
1. The Share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from October 15, 2011 to October 24, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in Order at the office of the Company’s Shares Registrar, THK Associates (Private) Limited at the close of business on October 14, 2011 will be treated in time for purposes of payment of the final cash dividend (Subject to approval of the Members) and to attend and vote at the meeting.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf provided such proxy is also member.
3. An instrument of proxy and the power of Attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed or a Notary Public Certified copy of such Power of Attorney, in order to be Valid, must be deposited with the Company’s Registrar, THK Associates (Private) Limited not later than (48) forty eight hours before the time of holding the meeting.
4. CDC account holders will in addition have to follow under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular No. 1 dated January 26, 2011 of the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan for attending the meeting.
i) In case of individuals: The account holder or sub-account holder and / or the person whose securities are registered on CDS: and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original National Identity Card (NIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. The members are also required to bring their participants I.D. number and account numbers in CDS.
ii) In case of corporate entity: The Board of Director Resolution / Power of Attorney with Specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
5. Members are requested to immediately notify any change of address to the Company’s Registrar, THK Associates (Private) Limited.
6. The correspondence address of the Company’s Registrar, THK Associates (Private) Limited is as follow.
For more information, contact:
Kot Addu Power Company Limited
Kot Addu Power Complex
Kot Addu, District Muzaffagarh
PABX: +92 66 230 1047-9
Fax: +92 66 230 1025