Heavy force used to prevent anti-India protests in IOK

Srinagar, October 18, 2016 (PPI-OT): In occupied Kashmir, Indian army, police and paramilitary forces resorted to brute force to prevent anti-India protest rallies and marches in the length and breadth of the Kashmir Valley.

The forces fired bullets, pellets and teargas shells on protesters carrying green flags, placards and banners with freedom slogans in Kulgam, Pulwama and Badgam districts, today. Despite the use of naked force by Indian men in uniform, hundreds of women succeeded to gather and hold rally in Yamrash Yaripora area of Kulgam. The rally was organized by the Dukhtaran-e-Millat. A large number of people gathered and raised anti-India and pro-freedom slogans on seeing an army vehicle in Rahmoo area of Pulwama. Forces arrested several people and thrashed elderly when the protesters tried to hold a march in Nagam area of Badgam district.

The All Parties Hurriyet Conference in a statement issued in Srinagar said that frustrated by the current mass uprising, the PDP-BJP regime had crossed all limits of inhuman and brutal suppression to target the whole populace of the occupied territory. It condemned the shifting of under-trial detainees from the Kashmir Valley to far flung jails of Jammu region.

APHC leaders Syed Agha Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi, Nayeem Ahmad Khan, Zamrooda Habib, Syed Bashir Andrabi, Abdullah Tari and Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front in their statements issued in Srinagar strongly condemned the ongoing spree of arrests and slapping of black law Public Safety Act on pro-freedom leaders and activists.

Senior APHC leader, Masarrat Aalam Butt, completed six years of illegal detention in Indian jail, today. He was arrested on 18th October 2010 for leading “Quit Kashmir Movement” during the mass uprising in 2010 and was released on 7th March 2015, but only to be re-arrested on 17th April, the same year.

Authorities booked three including Mass Movement leaders Abdul Rashid, Reyaz Ahmad Mir and Zubair Ahmad under black law Public Safety Act.

Meanwhile, Kashmiri Software Engineer, Bilal Ahmed Kota, has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Bengaluru court in India. Family members back home at Sadrabal Dargah in Srinagar said that Indian police arrested Bilal Ahmed in false cases in December 2005 when he was doing a good business in the Bengaluru city.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Email: info@kmsnews.org
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736