Grays of Cambridge (Pak) Limited’s books closure of share transfer
Karachi: The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from October 07, 2011 to consider 2011 to October 14, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfer received in order at Company’s Share Registrar Office up to close of business on October 06, 2011 will be considered in time.
Enclosed Please find a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on Friday, October 14, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 45th Annual General Meeting of the members of Grays of Cambridge (Pakistan) Limited will be held at its Registered Office, Small Industries Estate, Sialkot on Friday, the October 14, 2011 at 11:30 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last meeting.
2. To receive, consider and adopt Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Auditors’ and Directors’ Reports thereon.
3. To approve the payment of final cash dividend @ Rs. 1.00 per share (10%) for the year ended June 30, as recommended by the Directors.
4. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration for the year ending June 30, 2012. The present auditor Messrs Tabussum Saleem and Company, Chartered Accountants, Lahore, being eligible, offer themselves for reappointment.
5. To elect seven Directors of the Company in accordance with the provisions of section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years commencing from October 14, 2011. The Directors of the Company under section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, have fixed the number of elected Directors as seven. The following retiring directors are eligible for re-election:
Mr. Neil Douglas James Gray
Mr. Khawar Anwar Khawaja
Mr. Khurram, Anwar Khawaja
Mr. Muhammad Tahir Butt
Mr. Nicholas John Gray
Mr. Ameer Khawar Khawaja
Mr. Paul Douglas Gray
6. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from 07 October 2011 to 14 October, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order at Company’s Share Registrar Office, Hassan Farooq Associates (Pvt.) Limited HF House, 7-G, Mushtaq Ahmed Gurmani Road, Gulberg-Il, Lahore by the close of business on 06 October 2011 will be considered in time.
1. In terms of Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (the ‘Ordinance”), any person seeking to contest the election of the office of Director shall, whether he/she is a retiring Director or otherwise:
a. file at the Registered Office of the Company, not later than 14 days before the date of the meeting, a notice of his/her intension to offer himself/herself for election as a Director together with consent on Form 28 as prescribed by the Ordinance; and
b. a declaration with consent to act as director in the prescribed form under Clause (ii) of the Code of Corporate Governance to the effect that he/she is aware of duties and powers of directors under the Companies Ordinance, 1984, the Memorandum and Article of Association of the Company and the listing regulations of the Stock Exchange in Pakistan and hat read the provisions contained therein.
a. a declaration in terms of clause (iii) and (iv) of the Coda of Corporate Governance to the effect that;
i. He/She is not serving as a director of more than ten other listed companies.
ii. His/Her name is borne in the register of national tax payers (except where he/she is not a non -resident).
iii. He/She has not been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction as defaulter in payment of any loan to a banking company, a development financial institution or a non-banking financial institution.
iv. He/She and his/her spouse are not engaged in the business of stock brokerage.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting entitled to cast his / her vote by proxy. Proxies must be deposited at the Company’s Registered Office not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
3. Individual beneficial owners of CDC entitled to attend and vote at this meeting must bring his / her participant ID and account / sub-account number along with original CNIC or passport to authenticate his / her identity.
In case of Corporate entity, resolution of Board of Directors / power of attorney with specimen signature of nominees shall be produced (unless provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
4. For appointing proxies, the individual beneficial owners of CDC shall submit the proxy form as per above requirement along with participant ID and account / sub-account number together with attested copy of their CNIC or passport. The Proxy Form shall be witnessed by two witnesses with their names addresses and CNIC numbers. The Proxy shall produce his / her original CNIC or passport at the time of meeting. In case of Corporate entity, resolution of the Board of Directors/power of Attorney with the specimen signature shall be submitted (unless submitted earlier) along with the proxy form.
5. Members are requested to notify change in their address, if any, immediately.
For more information, contact:
Grays of Cambridge (Pak) Limited
P.O. Box: 98,
Small Industries Estate,
Sialkot – 4, Pakistan.