Crescent Sugar Mills and Distillery Limited’s financial results for year ended September 30, 2011
Karachi: We have to inform you that the Board of Directors of Crescent Sugar Mills and Distillery Limited (CSMD) in their Meeting held today at 11:00 a.m. at Faisalabad have recommended the following:
(i) Cash Dividend
An Interim Cash Dividend for the year ended September 30, 2011 at Rs. Nil per share i.e. Nil %. This is In addition to Interim Dividend(s) already paid at Rs. Nil per share i.e. Nil %
(ii) Bonus Shares
It has been recommended by the Board of Directors to issue interim Bonus shares in proportion of Nil shares(s) for every Nil shares share(s) held i.e. Nil % This is in addition to the interim Bonus Shares already issued @ Nil %
(iii) Right Shares
The Board has recommended to issue Nil % shares at par/at a discount/ premium of Rs. Nil per share in proportion of Nil Share(s) being declared simultaneously will be/ will not be applicable on Bonus shares as declared above.
The financial results of the Company are as follows:-
‘(Rupees in ‘000’)
September 30, 2011
September 30, 2010
|Cost of Sales||(4,241,679)||(3,112,800)|
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 53rd Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of the Company will be held on Tuesday the 31st January, 2012 at 11.30 a.m. at Registered Office of the Company New Lahore Road, Nishatabad, Faisalabad to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company held on May 14, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt Annual Audited Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended September 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
3. To appoint External Auditors and fix their remuneration.
4. To transact any other business with the permission of the chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from January 24, 2012 to January 31, 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received at the Registered Office, New Lahore Road, Nishatabad, Faisalabad at the close of business on January 23, 2011 will be treated in time.
2. A member eligible to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as proxy to attend and vote in the meeting. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the company at the Registered Office not later then 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
3. CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular No.1 dated January 26, 2000 of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
a. For attending the meeting:
i). In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account; and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original National Identity Card (NIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. The shareholders registered on CDC are also requested to bring their Participants I.D. numbers and account numbers in CDC.
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
b. For appointing proxies
i). In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account; and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii). The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names and NIC Nos. shall be mentioned on the form.
iii). Attested Copies of NIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv). The proxy shall produce his original NIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v). In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) alongwith proxy form to the Company.
|Other Operating Expenses||(13,281)||(29,487)|
|Other Operating Income||24,355||24,923|
|Profit from Operations||145,922||37,927|
|Profit/ (Loss) before Taxation||81,715||(31,930)|
|Provision for Taxation||617||(24,060)|
|Profit/ (Loss) After Taxation from|
|Loss after Taxation from|
|Profit/ (Loss) after Taxation||47,553||(55,990)|
|Earnings / (Loss) Per Share –|
Basic and Diluted from Continuing
|(Loss) Per Share- Basic and|
Diluted from Discontinuing
For more information, contact:
Crescent Sugar Mills and Distillery Limited
New Lahore Road,
Post Box No. 11, Faisalabad – Pakistan