COVID-19 claims 3 more lives in Sindh
Karachi, September 28, 2020 (PPI-OT): As many three more patients of coronavirus died overnight lifting the death toll to 2,495 and 378 new cases emerged when 12,097 samples were tested raising the tally to 136,395. This was stated by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah in a statement issued here on Monday.
Mr Shah said that three more patients of COVID-19 died overnight lifting the death toll to 2,495 that constituted 1.8 percent. He added that 139 more patients recovered overnight and the number of the patients recovered so far has reached to 129,892 that came to 95.2 percent recovery rate.
The CM said that 12,097 tests were conducted against which 378 new cases emerged that constituted 3.1 percent current detection rate. So far 1,341,258 samples have been tested which diagnosed 136,395 cases all over Sindh that came to 10 percent. Murad Ali Shah said that currently 4008 patients were under treatment, of them 3725 in home isolation, six at isolation centers and 277 at different hospitals. He added that the condition of 158 patients was stated to be critical, including 29 shifted to ventilators.
According to the chief minister out of 378 new cases, 300 have been detected from Karachi, including 109 South, 92 East, 45 Korangi, 25 each from Central and Malir and four West. Hyderabad has 16 cases, 13 Badin, Dadu, Shikarpur and Sukkur two each, Ghotki, Mirpurkhas, Sanghar, Tando Allahyar and Tando Mohammad Khan one each.
For more information, contact:
Chief Minister House, Sindh
Tel: +92-21-99202019(Ext: 336)