Attock Cement Pakistan Limited’s notice of the thirty seconded (32) annual general meeting for the year ended June 30, 2011
Karachi: We are enclosing the notice of Thirty-Second (32nd) Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Company, requested to kindly circulate the same among all the members.
Notice of the Thirty Second (32nd) Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 32nd Annual General Meeting of Attock Cement Pakistan Limited will be held on Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 12:30 p.m. at Hotel Marriott, Karachi to transact the following;
1. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Report of Auditors and the Directors thereon.
2. To consider and if thought fit, approve final cash dividend of 45% (Rs. 4.50 per share) as recommended by the Board of Directors for the year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To appoint auditors for the financial year 2011-2012 and to fix their remuneration.
4. To elect seven (7) Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Directors in meeting held on June 20, 2011, for a period of three (3) years. The names of retiring Directors are;
i) Dr. Ghaith R. Pharaon
ii) Mr. Laith G. Pharaon
iii) Mr. Wael G. Pharaon
iv) Mr. Shuaib A. Malik
v) Mr. Abdus Sattar
vi) Mr. Fakhr-ul-Islam Baig
vii) Mr. Babar Bashir Nawaz
The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
5. The Company in its 28th Annual General Meeting had obtained approval of the shareholders for investments under Section 208 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 and accordingly the shareholders of the Company are presented with the statement under Section 160(1)(b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 in compliance with the SRO 865(1)12000 dated December 06, 2000 in case of decisions to make investments that have been made by the shareholders previously and have not yet been implemented.
1. The Register of Members and Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from Thursday October 13, 2011 to Thursday October 20, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. Only those members whose names appear in the register of members of the Company as on October 12, 2011 are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
3. Any person who seeks to contest an election to the office of Director shall, whether he/she is a retiring Director or otherwise, file with the Company at its Registered Office not later than fourteen (14) days before the date of the meeting, the following:
a) a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election as a Director;
b) a declaration (copy may be obtained from Registered Office) on the matters required by the Code of Corporate Governance;
c) a consent on Form 28; and
d) a copy of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
4. A member entitled to attend and vote may appoint any other person as his/her proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. Proxies must be received at the Registered Office of the Company duly signed not later than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
5. Members who desire to stop deduction of Zakat from their dividends may submit a declaration on non-judicial stamp paper duly signed as required under the law.
6. Members are requested to provide by mail or fax their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number or passport number, if foreigner (unless it has been provided earlier) to enable the Company to comply with relevant laws.
7. Members are requested to notify any changes in their addresses immediately.
CDC Account Holders will have to further follow the guidelines as laid down in Circular No. 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
For more information, contact:
Attock Cement Pakistan Limited
Corporate Office: D-70, Block- 4,
Kehkashan- 5, Clifton,
Karachi- 75600 – Pakistan
UAN: (9221) 111-17-17-17
PABX: (9221) 35309773-74
Fax: (9221) 35309775