Applications Accepted Now for “Featured Program” and “JIMOT CM COMPETITION” in 4th Okinawa International Movie Festival
TOKYO, Nov. 4 /Kyodo JBN-AsiaNet/ —
The Okinawa International Movie Festival (OIMF) executive committee has started accepting applications for its “Featured Program” and “JIMOT (hometown) CM COMPETITION” prior to the 4th annual festival which will be held from March 24 to 31.
“Featured Program” collects premiere works based on the idea of “Laugh & Peace” that brings us laughter or joy, and the selected works will be eligible for an audience award (2,500,000 yen for prize money) and a jury’s special award.
“JIMOT CM COMPETITION” is designed to determine the number one CM in relation to hometown “Laugh & Peace,” making people find joy in your hometown. The format is such that anyone with love for their hometown can enter, using the idea sheet. The idea sheets will then be examined, and based on those ideas that most strongly evoke hometown love, Yoshimoto Creative Agency, the sponsor of the festival, will work with you to create a CM that will express the charm of your hometown. The prize money is 470,000 yen. Moreover, the winning entry will be broadcast on terrestrial TV.
In the 3rd OIMF which was held from March 18 to 27 this year and attracted approximately 310,000 people, with the concept of “Yell, Laugh & Peace,” we successfully delivered emotional ties to all those affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake.
For the 4th OIMF, we are dedicated to provide more happiness all over Japan and the world from Okinawa than in the previous festival. We would be delighted if you introduce the above information through your media.
4th Okinawa International Movie Festival: Entry Guidelines for “Featured Program” / JIMOT CM COMPETITION”
— Featured Program
(1) The work must have been completed on or after January 1, 2011, and is required to be a 35mm print or video for the festival screening.
(2) The running time is 60 minutes or more.
(3) The entrant must provide English subtitles and submit an English dialogue list which was used to create English subtitles.
(4) The work must not have been commercially released (in theaters or on television, DVD or the Internet) in Japan prior to the final day of the festival.
(5) The work must be in line with the overall spirit of the festival. Deadline for application: January 20, 2012
–“JIMOT CM COMPETITON”
Requirement for application: Fill out the idea sheet with details about your idea for promoting your hometown and submit it. Deadline: December 16, 2011
For more information, please visit the Okinawa International Movie Festival official website at http://www.oimf.jp/en/
SOURCE: Okinawa International Movie Festival Execution Committee
Public Relations Department
Yoshimoto Creative Agency Co., Ltd.
Cell: +81-80-1448-6992 (Hoshi)